This is my first Blog and i decided to dedicate it to GOD. No please dont consider this as a spiritual blog..I am talking about our Cricketing GOD (yes! I consider him GOD of Cricket as no one plays with that elegance..Rahul Dravid and Saurav Ganguly are the closest competitors to him bt he is miles and miles ahead)...Our own SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR. There have been umpteen number of Articles written about this batting maestro for successful completion of his 20 years in Indian Cricket. then Why am I writing about him?
I am writing this because this guy single handedly has brought Indian Cricket to the level and the prosperity it is enjoying. No I am not neglecting the contribution by other cricket players
Bt if you consider current young population which started watching Cricket at their age of 4-5 years It was Sachin who created more and more fans for cricket in the nineties when the ODI matches started increasing in Numbers.He was consistently playing well and his style of playing inspired youth to play Cricket. Everyone wanted to play Cricket to become SACHIN TENDULKAR. On a funnier side i would request Sachin Tendulkar to demand Royalty from BCCI and ICC for the Viewership he has created and continues to create....
There was discussion which happened after 3rd ODI against Srilanka in which GOD (unfortunately I couldnt watch the match) remained 96* in that match. Normally when a batsman hits a six, there is an appreciation by our fans about the shot...about the power and timing of the shot..about the elegance..(except when batsman is Pakistani)...But when Dinesh Kartik gave a charge and hit a SIX ....half of the indian fans were cursing him...just because sachin was left stranded at 92* at non-striker's end and the six made sure that he wont complete his century. One of my friend who happens to be a die hard cricket and Sachin Fan...used such bad words that i had to calm him down.Same thing had happened during the test match when Sachin was on 196* and Rahul Dravid declared the inning. I guess that test was against Pakistan ( please correct me if I am Wrong, I am not very good at stats). In these both Incidences Sachin himself wouldn't have so bad as his fans..As he always plays for country's benefit and is happy only when India wins. It was evident when he played superb innings of 175 ( one of his best innings appreciation thus by Ponting)against Aussies and still couldnt take his team home. he was almost crying at the presentation. Also the ball tampering incident and recent incident involving Bal thackerey shows how much we love wrong...
This guy cannot set a foot wrong. He is uncomparable and has ruled Cricket for last 2 decades..
he is most humble sportsperson in this world. and a great Family Man. He is also not comparable with the greats of other sports ( Schumi--he has a dubious image of winning some races by cheating.....Tiger woods--- sorry to consider this name even though he is golfing great..Federer comes close enough....)He has set some benchmarks and world Records tht no one looks like breaking in the near future.
So what do we call him ..what do these qualities signify..nothing else but GOD!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who was the guy giving bad words? I bet it was GALAGE...!!!
ReplyDeleteA lion would not cheat on his wife, but a tiger WOOD...!!!
n cliches like 'Sachin rocks', '6+4=10dulkar' or 'GOD', sound lame but they indeed are true..
He is the only person that still remains in the highly competitive list of 'my idols'...
If cricket is a religion then sachin is God. I wonder what was on katrhiks mind when he decided to take on against the mighty god himsef.
ReplyDeletewww.aniketmullur.blogspot.com